The Masters of Luxor
The TARDIS is drawn to a mysterious signal emanating from a seemingly dead world. Trapped within a crystalline structure, The Doctor and his friends inadvertently wake a vast army of robots that have lain dormant for many, many years. Waiting… for The Masters of Luxor.
The Perfect One wants to become more than just a mockery of a man, and will stop at nothing to achieve it. But will the cost prove too great?
The travellers are about to uncover a horrifying tragedy. A tragedy that threatens to engulf them all.
- The Masters of Luxor was the seventh release in the third series of the Lost Stories.
- This audio drama was recorded on 7 February, 8 February and 9 February 2011.
- Anthony Coburn was one of the writers of the very first Doctor Who story, An Unearthly Child, in 1963.
- At one point, this story went by the title, The Robots.
- Luxor was intended to be the second Doctor Who television story, after An Unearthly Child. It was superseded by The Daleks.