Love and War
Love and War
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Lisa Bowerman (Bernice), James Redmond (Jan Rydd), Reditiona O Connor (Máire Mab Finn), Aysha Kala (Roisa McIlnery), Ela Gaworzewska (Christopher), Bernard Holley (Brother Phaedrus), Maggie Ollerenshaw (Audrey McShane), Christopher Allen (Clive Aubrey), James Unsworth (Julian Milton), Scott Handcock (Piers Gavenal), Charlie Hayes (Death), Peter Sheward (Eros)
On a planet called Heaven, all hell is breaking loose.
Heaven is a cemetery for both humans and Draconians – a final place of rest for those lost during wartime. The Doctor arrives on a trivial mission – to find a book, or so he says – and Ace, wandering around Joycetown, becomes involved with a charismatic Traveller called Jan.
But The Doctor is strenuously opposed to the romance. What is he trying to prevent? Is he planning some more deadly game connected with the coffins revered by the mysterious Church of Vacuum and the unusual Arch that marks the location of a secret building below ground?
Archaeologist Bernice Summerfield thinks so. Her destiny is inextricably linked with that of The Doctor, but even she may not be able to save Ace from the Time Lord’s plans.
This time, has The Doctor gone too far? Love and War is an adaption of the book
- Love and War was the second story in Big Finish Productions’ Doctor Who Special Releases range.
- Ace attends the funeral of her friend Julian Milton in Perivale in 1993.
- The Doctor and Ace both refer to Little Jackie Paper from the song”Puff, the Magic Dragon”.
- Heaven is located in the space between the Earth and Draconian Empires.
- Ace refers to the Daleks‘ use of time travel. (Remembrance of the Daleks)
- While he is in Puterspace, The Doctor experiences his worst memory, namely his third incarnation spending ten years dying in the TARDIS while travelling through the Time Vortex. He refers to his former companion Sarah Jane Smith. (Planet of the Spiders)
- Ace refers to being transported to Iceworld in the far future by a time storm. (Dragonfire)