Return of the Living Dad
“It’s me, daddy. It’s Bernice.”
Bernice Summerfield was seven years old when her father disappeared. They said he turned and ran from the Daleks in battle. They said he was a coward.
They were wrong.
For years Benny has searched for her father. Now a clue snatches her from her honeymoon, back to the TARDIS, and on to England in the year 1983. There she at last discovers Admiral Isaac Summerfield, leading a motley crew of aliens, psychics and fanboys. Their mission: to save extra-terrestrials stranded on Earth.
But what is Benny’s father doing five hundred years in his own past? And why has he been waiting for the Doctor to arrive? Can Benny really trust the man she’s been looking for all her life?
- Return of the Living Dad was the fifty-third Virgin New Adventures novel. It featured the Seventh Doctor, Chris Cwej and Roz Forrester.
- This is the first meeting of Bernice and her father.
- This is Kate Orman’s fourth novel in a row to feature pyramids.
- The working title for this novel was Big Trouble in Little Chalfont.
- The Doctor obtained the destructor codes in Robot.
- Chris has no appendix.
- Bernice Summerfield is now about thirty-five.
- According to Isaac, Bernice looks like her mother Claire.
- Jason Kane has a gold tooth. He has been jealous of Benny’s long fascination with her father.
- Isaac Summerfield keeps a journal (like Benny). He’s met Ace twice.