The Leisure Hive DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1351
Duration: 86 minutes
The Doctor and Romana visit the Leisure Hive on the planet Argolis, the surface of which is uninhabitable following a nuclear war between the Argolins and the Foamasi. The Argolins themselves are now sterile. Pangol, the youngest, was created by the Tachyon Recreation Generator. He plans to use it to duplicate himself and form an army to fight the lizard-like race…
Originally transmitted 30/08/80 – 20/09/80
- Commentary by Lalla Ward, Lovett Bickford and Christopher Bidmead.
- ‘From Avalon to Argolis’ – focus on writing and script-ing.
- ‘Synthesizing Starfields’ – in-depth look at the creation of the new title sequence.
- ‘Leisure Wear’ featurette on costume designer June Hudson.
- Blue Peter – a look round the revamped Longleat exhibition in 1980