The Last Post
Caroline John (Liz Shaw), Rowena Cooper (Emily Shaw)
People are dying. Just a few, over a period of months. but the strange thing is that each person received a letter predicting the date and time of their death.
Throughout her time as The Doctor’s assistant, Liz Shaw has been documenting these passings.
Her investigation ultimately uncovers a threat that could lead to the end of the world, but thss time Liz has someone to help her.
- The Last Post was the sixtieth release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart is on one of Dame Emily Shaw’s committees.
- Liz’s sister Lucy is an architect who works in Reading. She has at least two children.
- This was the final audio drama to feature Caroline John playing Liz Shaw before her death in June 2012.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 January 2012.
- This story starts off during the events of Spearhead from Space and runs paralell to most the events of Season 7, ending just before Inferno.
- Liz tells her mother that the Earth is being invaded by “living plastic creatures.” Emily laments that there was an exhibition of senior civil servants in Madame Tussauds. (Spearhead from Space)
- Liz refers to the evacuation of London during the Cyberman invasion in 1975. (The Invasion)
- While at Wenley Moor nuclear research facility, Liz writes to her mother assuring her that a vaccine has been found for the Silurian virus and telling her that Dr. Charles Lawrence and Edward Masters were sent letters predicting the exact dates and times of their deaths. (Doctor Who and the Silurians) Emily writes to Liz that she met Sir Charles Grover at one of her committee meetings, who claimed that the Silurian virus was a portent of things to come. (Invasion of the Dinosaurs)
- The Brigadier is preparing for the World Peace Conference. (The Mind of Evil)