The Last Dodo
The Doctor and Martha go in search of a real live dodo, and are transported by the TARDIS to the mysterious Museum of the Last Ones. There in the Earth section, they discover every extinct creature up to the present day, all still alive and in Suspended animation.
Preservation is the museum’s only job – collecting the last of every endangered species from all over the universe. But exhibits are going missing…
Can The Doctor solve the mystery before the museum’s curator adds the last of the Time Lords to her collection?
- The Last Dodo was the eighth Tenth Doctor novel released.
- Belepheron was a planet where the air smelled of bad eggs and boiled cabbage and the natives greeted visitors by smothering them in green slime and cooking them over a fiery pit.
- Kinjana was the planet on which Frank was born. The humanoid inhabitants of the planet looked enough like humans that Frank was able to get a job in the Earth section of the Museum of the Last Ones.
- Martha Jones Blog Sunday, July 01, 2007 mentions these Dodos as “giant mental birds”.
- The Doctor names the Dodo ‘Dorothea’- a nod to his former companion Dodo Chaplet.