Kursaal is a pleasure world, a huge theme park for the Cronus system – or rather it will be if it isn’t destroyed duringconstruction.
Eco-terrorists want the project halted to preserve vital archaeological sites — areas containing the last remains of the long-dead Jax, an ancient wolf-like race whose remains are being buried beneath the big-business tourist attractions.
Sam falls in with the environmentalists, and finds her loyalties divided. Meanwhile, The Doctor’s own investigations lead him to believe the Jax are not extinct after all.
Cut off from the TARDIS, separated from his companion and pursued for murder, The Doctor discovers Kursaal hides a terrible secret – and that Sam is being affected by events more than anyone would guess…
- Kursaal was the seventh BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures featuring The Doctor and Samantha Jones. Kursaal was author Peter Anghelides’ first full length contribution to Doctor Who, his previous contribution was the short story Moving On in 1996.
- The Doctor has a box of everlasting matches.
- Samantha Jones failed year 7 biology. She kills Paul Kadijk while controlled, though doesn’t remember it. However, she still agonises over the Tractite she killed, which she does remember.
- The Greatest Show in the Galaxy also features a werewolf affected by any moon (not necessarily Earth based).
- The Doctor dislikes hospitals because of his ‘death’ in one in The TV Movie
- Sam thinks of the Tractite she killed in self defence. (Genocide)