The Krotons DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD3480
Duration: 88 minutes
The crew of the TARDIS meet the primitive Gonds, a simple people who learn from an alien teaching machine. After casually playing a game against Zoe (and losing), The Doctor discovers that he has aroused the Krotons from their slumbers. Stranded on the planet centuries ago, the Krotons have been asleep until the primitive Gonds reach a level of development where their mental powers are great enough to allow the Krotons to restart their spaceship and travel home.
- Commentary by Philip Madoc (Eelek), Richard Ireson (Axus) and Gilbert Wynne (Thara), assistant floor manager David Tilley, make-up designer Sylvia James, costume designer Bobi Bartlett and special sounds designer Brian Hodgson. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- ‘Second Time Around’ Faced with William Hartnell’s deteriorating health but with a popular programme on their hands, The Doctor Who production team hit on the idea of ‘regenerating’ the show’s hero. This documentary looks back over Patrick Troughton’s tenure as the Second Doctor.
- Doctor Who Stories Ã¢â‚ â€œ Frazer Hines (part one) Actor Frazer Hines reminisces about his time on the series in an interview originally recorded in 2003 for the BBC’s Story of Doctor Who. Ã¢â‚ ¢ Radio Times listings (DVD-ROM)
- Programme subtitles
- Production information subtitles
- Photo gallery
- Coming soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality