The Creed of the Kroman
The Interzone is a fearsome nether-world protecting a zone ruled by the Kromon. Theirs is an arid land of dust and dying trees. Across the landscape are spheres that look like giant anthills. The Doctor believes that within one of these structures lie the clues that will lead him to his lost TARDIS.
The spheres are ruled by the insect-like Kromon who covet the TARDIS. When Charley is captured she is forced to metamorphosise into a hybrid-insect Queen and so to save her, the Doctor must barter his knowledge of space-travel technology, all the while knowing that he risks opening up all the realms of space to a rapacious race whose creed is not to create, only to plunder.
- The Creed of the Kromon was the fifty-third monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Kromon do not have the technology to leave their world.
- The Doctor tells the Kromon that an interactive gyro conductor scope is fundamental to constructing a TARDIS.
- C’rizz’s status as the Eighth Doctor’s latest companion was foreshadowed in He Jest at Scars…, which was released in September 2003. In the non-canonical story, the Valeyard tells Melanie Bush the names of various companions with whom the Doctor might have travelled. Aside from Charley and C’rizz, they included Peri Brown, Evelyn Smythe, Ace and Hex.
- The Doctor mentions that the TARDIS requires zeiton-7 in order to allow the ship to move and that there is a source on Varos. (Vengeance on Varos)