The King’s Dragon
They called it Enamour. It turned minds, sold merchandise, and swayed elections. And it did its job far too well…
In the city-state of Geath, the King lives in a golden hall, and the people want for nothing. Everyone is happy and everyone is rich. Or so it seems. When The Doctor, Amy and Rory look beneath the surface, they discover a city of secrets. In dark corners, strange creatures are stirring. at the heart of the hall, a great metal dragon oozes gold.
Then the Herald appears, demanding the return of her treasure… And next come the gunships. The battle for possession of the treasure has begun, and only The Doctor and his friends can save the people of the city from being destroyed in the crossfire of an ancient civil war. But will the King surrender his new-found wealth? Or will he fight to keep it…?
- The King’s Dragon was the fifth Eleventh Doctor novel released.
- Once again, The Doctor, Rory and Amy are separated at one time or another.
- Amy and Rory both reference Rory’s grandmother, who made “good gravy.” This is the first reference to Rory’s family in any Doctor Who media.
- The Doctor mentions to Rory that the Sonic Screwdriver doesn’t do wood (Silence in the Library/Cold Blood)
- Rory confronts The Doctor about kissing Amy (Flesh and Stone)
- Amy calls The Doctor “Doc”, which once again annoys him. (The Time Meddler, The Five Doctors, The Ultimate Foe, Dreamland, Apollo 23).