|Publication Date||15 October 1987|
n the sleepy village of Hazelbury Abbas, the Winter Solstice is fast drawing near. It is a time of deep mystery and ancient evil.
Sarah Jane Smith, journalist and former companion to The Doctor, comes to Hazelbury Abbas to start work on her new book. While there she meets Brendan, the young ward of her Aunt Lavinia.
Suddenly Brendan disappears. Has he been kidnapped by the practitioners of Black Magic who are said to live in the village? Is he to be sacrificed to the goddess Hecate on the Winter Solstice?
But Sarah is not alone in her search for Brendan. Across the unimaginable gulfs of time and space, The Doctor has sent her a very special companion: a robotic dog by the name of K9….
style=”height: 730px; width: 655px; overflow-y: hidden;”>
- Chapter 1 – Exit Aunt Lavinia
- Chapter 2 – Enter Sarah Jane
- Chapter 3 – An Invitatedition
- Chapter 4 – A Gift from The Doctor
- Chapter 5 – The Black Art
- Chapter 6 – A Warning
- Chapter 7 – K9 Blunders
- Chapter 8 – A Confrontation
- Chapter 9 – Brendan is Taken
- Chapter 10 – K9 Goes Undercover
- Chapter 11 – Human Sacrifice
- Chapter 12 – Halstock
- Chapter 13 – Evil Under the Moon
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- The story takes place in the village of Hazelbury Abbas while the television story is set in Moreton Harwood.
- Sarah is far more antagonistic towards and impatient with Brendan than in the television story.
- Brendan is said to be fourteen years old. His age was never stated in dialogue in A Girl’s Best Friend.