“Tomorrow belongs to us, not you. If you were really from the future, Miss Summerfield, you would be a Nazi.”
March 1941: Britain’s darkest hour. The Nazis occupy British soil and British citizens are being deported to European concentration camps. Six thousand people a month are dying in air raids on London. The United States show no sign of entering the war.
According to the Seventh Doctor, this isn’t a parallel universe, it isn’t an alternate timeline; and everything is running according to schedule. But now something, somewhere, has gone wrong. The Nazis are building a secret weapon, one that will have a decisive effect on the outcome of the War. Chris thinks it’s a UFO, while Roz believes that the Luftwaffe have developed the largest bomber ever built. Only Benny may have seen the mysterious craft – but she’s disappeared off the face of the Earth.
- Just War was the forty-sixth Virgin New Adventures novel. It featured the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield, Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej.
- Benny has a Spacio-Temporal Alarm Beacon that can monitor local transmission and communicate with the TARDIS.
- A tag on The Doctor’s umbrella reads, “If lost please return to Portland Street Library, Paddington, London”.
- Chris grows a handlebar mustache.
- The TARDIS can remove itself from Minkowski Space.
- Mel makes a brief appearance in a flashback interlude.
- The Doctorcan be knocked out by chloroform.
- Benny is now thirty-three and her birthday is 21 June.
- Benny is proficient in Egyptian, Hebrew, French, ancient Greek, modern Greek, Old English, Old Norse and most Martian dialects.
- Roz contemplates staying in London in 1941 and getting married to George Reed. She also has a vision of herself dying.