The Two Irises
The Two Irises
Iris is dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. She sacrificed herself to save her best friend, Panda, then exploded inside her time-travelling bus.
On Earth in the year 2108, the North Bloc and the South Bloc teeter on the edge of terrible nuclear war. The fate of the whole world rests on a not-very-good disco in Spain. One run by the dastardly alien Naxians…
Iris Wildthyme is as dead as a doornail. But her new incarnation is going to have to get stuck in. Poor bloke doesn’t stand a chance.
Written By:Simon Guerrier
Directed By: Gary Russell
- The Two Irises was the fifth release in the Iris Wildthyme audio series. It was the third story in the second season. It was written by Simon Guerrier.
- Iris saves Panda’s life by making and feeding him a Bat’s Milk Cheesecake.
- The Iris Hilary Wildthyme (the male version) is a projection generated by the bus.
- The male version of Iris mentions “his ” former companions Tom, Jenny and Martha as well as Bernice Summerfield.
- The male version of Iris and Panda attend a party thrown by the Roman Emperor Caligula in Rome during the 1st century. However, Panda claims that the real Iris would never be associated with a madman like Caligula, no matter how good the party was.
- Panda has a bottle that contains the soul of Noel Edmonds.
- Iris claims that she hasn’t been practical for nine hundred years.
- This story parodies elements from several 1980s Doctor Who stories, including Warriors of the Deep, The Caves of Androzani and The Two Doctors, as well as Human Nature / The Family of Blood and Utopia from the revived series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 May 2008.
- The South and North Bloc states were first seen in Warriors of the Deep.