Colin Baker (The Doctor), Sara Griffiths (Claudia Bridge), Gyles Brandreth (Doctor Marriott), Helen Atkinson Wood (Ms Tevez), David Dobson (Scandroids), Kerry Skinner (Lake), Joe Thompson (Gabe Stillinger), Natasha Pyne (Denise Stillinger
Colin Baker (The Doctor), Kate Brown (Lauren), David Dobson (D.J.), Kerry Skinner (Connie)
I.D. (A Three-Part Story)
In the 32nd Century, The Doctor finds himself on a planet piled high with discarded computer technology. Picking over these remains are an army of Scandroids, a collection of unsavoury, illegal Data Pirates and a team of researchers from the mysterious Lonway Clinic. This is a world of organic-digital transfer and ‘personality surgery’ which The Doctor finds disturbing enough, until something far more deadly starts to emerge.
Urgent Calls (A One-Part Story)
Earth, 1974. An innocent phone call. Okay, it was a wrong number, but there can’t be any harm in that. Can there?
- I.D. was the ninety-fourth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish ProductionsImmediately after the TARDIS materialises on Obsoletion Valley, The Doctor falls down a cliff and twists his ankle.
- The Doctor tells Claudia that the unexplained is his specialty.
- The Doctor describes the 32nd century as a “decadent age.”
- Helen Atkinson-Wood (Ms Tevez) is well known for her comedy roles on radio and television, including appearances in The Young Ones, KYTV and Blackadder in
- which she played Mrs Miggins.Helen Atkinson-Wood (Ms Tevez) is well known for her comedy roles on radio and television, including appearances in The Young Ones,
- KYTV and Blackadder in which she played Mrs Miggins.
- The Doctor keeps an antique telescope in the TARDIS. (Horror of Fang Rock)
- Urgent Calls is only one episode long. The other three episodes on the discs are of the story I.D..
- This story is part of the “Virus Strain” arc.
- The Doctor tells Lauren that he has met Thomas Jefferson. (The Lazarus Experiment)
- The Doctor does not believe in fate.
- The Doctor quotes Thomas Jefferson when he says, “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”