Heart Of TARDIS
In the American Midwestern town of Lychburg, something is afoot. Its citizens are being killed in inexpressibly horrible and brutal ways and the police don’t have a clue who’s responsible. The only suspects are a mysterious and sinister stranger, who calls himself The Doctor, and his young companions Jamie and Victoria.
The Fourth Doctor and Romana, meanwhile, have been summoned by the Gallifreyan High Council. A force has been unleashed into the space/time continuum… a force so unimaginably terrible that it is set to rip the universe itself apart and plunge it into primal, screaming chaos from which nothing will survive.
Of course, since something of this nature happens every other day of the week, The Doctor’s really far more interested in finding out what’s happened to a close personal friend, who seems to have vanished under mysterious circumstances. And quite right, too. The fate of a universe plunging into foetid and unending chaos can look out for itself for a change…
- Heart of TARDIS was the thirty-second BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Second Doctor,Jamie McCrimmon, andVictoria Waterfield, and the Fourth Doctor, Romana I and K9 Mark II. This was the first multi-Doctor novel in the Past Doctor Adventures line up, though in BBC Books’ overall publishing line up the most recent multi-Doctor novel was Interference – Book One/Interference – Book Two.Unlike previous multi-Doctor stories the Second and Fourth Doctors do not meet in this novel.
- John Benton was exposed to something during his career in UNIT that enables him to hold off the effects of an anaesthetic dart for a short time.
- The Second Doctor has small, neat handwriting.
- Victoria Waterfield is afraid of rats and spiders.
- TheFourth Doctor abandons the quest for the Key to Time the moment he thinks the Brigadier is in danger.
- K9 Mark II can climb stairs, unlike K9 Mark I.
- Jamie McCrimmon can now write in English although it’s broken and spelt phonetically.
- The Daleks, upon hearing rumours of Collectors present near their system, pretend that their planet had been destroyed.
- As the Second Doctor is near-death, the Fourth Doctor feels weak. A similar event would happen to the Sixth Doctor. (The Two Doctors)
- The Brigadier meets Romana I.