The Many Hands
The Nor’ Loch is being filled in. If you ask the soldiers there, they’ll tell you it’s a stinking cesspool that the city can do without. But that doesn’t explain why the workers won’t go near the place without an armed guard.
That doesn’t explain why they whisper stories about the loch giving up its dead, about the minister who walked into his church twelve years after he died.
It doesn’t explain why, as they work, they whisper about a man called The Doctor. And about the many hands of Alexander Monro..
- The Many Hands was the eighteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
- The Doctor states he knew someone who fought at Culloden – his companion, Jamie McCrimmon.
- The Slitheen family are mentioned. They previously appeared in The Lost Boy.
- Martha refers to “alien witches”. (The Shakespeare Code)
- The Doctor ponders whether the entities possessing the dead are Gelth. The Gelth appeared in The Unquiet Dead.