The Guardians of Prophecy
Colin Baker (the Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Graham Cole (Ebbko/Melkur), James George (Mura), Nigel Lambert (Auga), Simon Williams (Guardian), Stephen Thorne (Malador), Victoria Pritchard (Felia), Glynn Sweet (Horgan), Duncan Wisbey (Escalus)
The TARDIS materialises on Serenity, the last surviving world of the Traken Union. Peri expects a good place for a holiday – not tomb raiders, a labyrinth filled with terrifying monsters and a trap-laden necropolis.
For Serenity’s gentle name belies its history as the home planet of the Melkur, soldiers created to serve a long dead dark force, the embodiment of evil itself. Whilst they sleep, vicious thieves are after this force’s secrets, and will stop at nothing to find them.
But will they find more than they bargained for?
- The Guardians of Prophecy was the fourth story in the third series of Big Finish Productions’ The Lost Stories range of audio stories.
- The Doctor has heard of Autolycus Ebbko, the greatest safe-cracker in Mutter’s Spiral. He claims that he has always wanted to meet Ebbko.
- The Doctor recalls the destruction of the Traken Union by the Master in 1981. (Logopolis)
- The Doctor mentions that he has never met a “true” Melkur before, only an approximation on Traken. (The Keeper of Traken)
- The Doctor tells the Guardians that he hates long, drawn out trials. (The Trial of a Time Lord)