Good As Gold
24 May 2012
|Written by||The Children of Ashdene School|
|Directed by||Saul Metzstein|
|Produced by||Marcus Wilson|
Bored of not having any adventures lately, The Doctor and Amy get a bit more than they asked for when they set out on one. Landing in London 2012, there’s only one piece of advice that can help them now:
Whatever you do—don’t blink!
- A shortened version of the Doctor Who opening titles was used.
- In announcing the competition, the BBC webcast a specially shot scene in January 2012 featuring The Doctor in the Land of Fiction (from The Mind Robber), breaking the fourth wall and describing the competition. The winning story was chosen despite the fact The Doctor requests in the rules that the story not be set at the 2012 London Olympics, owing to the fact”I’ve already been there” (referring to Fear Her) and also mentions that he”has been running into myself and it’s really embarrassing.”
- The actor Elliot Barnes-Worrell who played The Athlete was not cred. However, he was later named in Issue 449 of Doctor Who Magazine.
- Although obviously these events did not occur during the real-life opening ceremony, the sound of the TARDIS materialising was heard at one point during the event, though the original plan to show images of each of the Doctors was cut for time.
- A Weeping Angel chases a 2012 Olympic Torch Bearer.