Gods and Monsters
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Philips Oliver (Hex), Maggie O’Neill (Captain Lysandra Aristedes), Amy Pemberton (Private Sally Morgan), John Standing (Fenric), Blake Ritson (Hurmzid), Gus Brown (Weyland), Tim Treloar (The Ancient One)
The TARDIS travellers arrive in a bizarre landscape seemingly immune to the physical laws governing the rest of the universe. Ace, Hex, Sally and Lysandra battle to rescue The Doctor from the trap he’s walked into… soon realising that the odds are stacked against them.
Because The Doctor is playing an old adversary again: Fenric, shatterer of worlds. But the gods and monsters who inhabit this strange realm loaded the dice against them long ago, in the dim and distant past — and defeat’s their only option.
- Gods and Monsters was the third story in the 2012 Seventh Doctor audio trilogy.
- Ace once again refers to Sally as “Private Benjamin”.
- Prior to Hex joining the TARDIS crew, The Doctor and Ace once visited Mars.
- Hex is a Catholic while Ace belongs to the Church of England.
- The Doctor says “We play the game again” mirroring Fenric’s first words upon possessing Dr. Judson: “We play the contest again…Time Lord.” (The Curse of Fenric)