“We’re on Mars, we’re surrounded by Ice Warriors, and the TARDIS has been destroyed. Business as usual, I suppose.”
Stranded on Mars, the Doctor and Roz team up with a group of colonists on a journey to find much-needed supplies at the North Pole. But when their expedition is joined by a party of Ice Warrior pilgrims, tensions are stretched to breaking point. Meanwhile, Chris finds himself on Pluto’s moon, trapped with a group of desperate scientists in a deadly race against time.
The year is 2157: the Earth has been invaded, and forces are at work on Mars to ensure that the mysterious invaders are successful. Unless the Doctor can solve the riddle of the GodEngine, the entire course of human history will be changed.
- GodEngine is the fifty-first Virgin New Adventures novel. It features the Seventh Doctor travelling for the first time with Chris Cwej and Roz Forrester, but without Bernice Summerfield
- The Doctor (still) doesn’t trust Martians (Ice Warriors).
- The Doctor finds Susan’s old TARDIS key and retrieves it.
- GodEngine explains why the Daleks in The Dalek Invasion of Earth were removing the magnetic core. In The Stolen Earth there is an alternate suggestion of these actions.
- There is a crater called Sutekh’s Cauldron, named after the Osirian god.
- Roz Forrester still carries her Adjudicator ID.
- Draan is the son of the Ice Lord known as Slaar, who was defeated by the Doctor in his second incarnation in The Seeds of Death.