Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD3479
Duration: 73 minutes
Release Date: 20 Aug. 2012
Returning to Earth, the crew find themselves trapped in a jungle with monstrous creatures pursuing them. Soon they realise that they have become miniaturized and are indeed on Earth.
In their miniature state, they discover dangerous experiments with a totally lethal insecticide are being performed but they seem powerless to stop them..
- Commentary by Clive Doig, special sounds creator Brian Hodgson, make-up supervisor Sonia Markham and floor assistant David Tilley. Moderated by Mark Ayres.
- ‘Rediscovering The Urge to Live’– The team behind the reconstruction explain how it was put together.
- ‘Verity Lambert Tapes: Part Two’– Doctor Who’s original producer looks back on her time on the series in the second part of this interview recorded for The Story of Doctor Who.
- ‘Doctor Who Stories: Suddenly Susan’– Carole Ann Ford talks about her role as The Doctor’s granddaughter and the first companion in the TARDIS in this interview originally recorded for 2003’s The Story of Doctor Who.
- Episode 3 and 4 Reconstruction –Originally shot as a four-part story, the final two episodes of Planet of Giants were ed into a single episode for transmission. Using the original scripts, newly recorded dialogue and animation, this feature gives viewers and idea of how the original four-part version might have appeared.
- Prop Design Plans (DVD-ROM only – to be viewed on PC/Mac).
- Programme subtitles
- Photo gallery
- coming soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality