Lalla Ward (President Romana), Louise Jameson (Leela), John Leeson (K9), Lynda Bellingham (Inquisitor Darkel), Miles Richardson (Cardinal Braxiatel), Sean Carlsen (Coordinator Narvin), Ian Hallard (Castellan Wynter), Andy Coleman (Andred), Trevor Littledale (The Archivist), Brenda Longman (Pandora), Mary Tamm (Romana).
Some time has passed since the events of the Timonic Fusion Device threatened Romana’s presidency with impeachment, and life has calmed down on Gallifrey. Well, apart from Romana’s latest scheme, the opening up of Gallifrey’s famed Academy to the students of alien races with the ability, or the potential, to harness temporal powers.
Unfortunately, deep below the Capitol, Leela, confused and morose over the truth about her husband Andred, disturbs a malevolent power. Something from the Dark Days of Ancient Gallifrey.
Something that wants to be reborn and will use any and every means that is at hand. Including the past of Gallifrey’s incumbant President
- Lies was the first story of the second series of Big Finish’s Gallifrey audio series. It was written by Gary Russell.
- Braxiatel’s nickname at the time Lord Academy was”Icicle” while Romana’s was”Ice Maiden”.
- Braxiatel was Romana’s tutor while she was attending the Academy, however she failed to remember this because Braxiatel used hypnosis to block the memories of her connections with Pandora.
- Wynter is from the Arcalian Chapter. He states that he has trained with Castellan Maxil regularly.
- Pandora allegedly hired a female bodyguard that was thought to be a Killoran, although records were unclear.
- The White Guardian disrupted Braxiatel’s plans to keep an eye on Romana.
- The Black Guardian inadvertently broke through the memory block in Romana’s mind by torturing her.
- Mary Tamm returns to play Romana I. This marks Tamm’s first appearance in a Big Finish audio drama.
- Maxil has been promoted to Castellan since the events of Arc of Infinity.