Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD3004
Duration: 97 minutes
Release Date: 30 May 2011
An irresistible force draws the TARDIS to the barren surface of Frontios, where in the far future the last surviving humans cower amongst the ruins of their wrecked spacecraft.
Under constant threat from lethal meteorite bombardments, few of the doomed colony members realise that the ground of Frontios itself opens up and devours the unwary.
Not permitted to assist, The Doctor attempts to leave, but is thwarted when the unimaginable occurs: the TARDIS is utterly destroyed
- Commentary by Peter Davison, Jeff Rawle and John Gillett, script or Eric Saward and special sounds designer Dick Mills.
- ‘Driven to Distractation’ – cast and crew look back at the making of ‘Frontios’. With actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson, Jeff Rawle and John Gillett, script ors Christopher H. Bidmead and Eric Saward, and designer David Buckingham. Narrated by Paul Jones. Deleted and Extended Scenes – a chance to see scenes that were cut during ing, many of which are presented before post-production effects had been added.
- Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
- Isolated Music – option to watch the episodes with the isolated music score.
- Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
- Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
- Programme subtitles.