Falls the Shadow
“We are deranged. We are psychopaths, sociopaths, up the garden path, ” said Tanith.”We are mad, and you are trapped with us.”
The TARDIS is imprisoned in a house called Shadowfell, where a man is ready to commence the next phase of an experiment that will remake the world.
A stranger dressed in grey watches from a hillside, searching for the sinister powers growing within the house. A killer appears from the surrounding forest, determined to carry out her deadly instructions. In the cellar, something lingers, observing and influencing events, waiting to take on flesh and emerge. And trapped in alien darkness, the last survivor of a doomed race mourns for the lost planet Earth.
- Falls the Shadow was the thirty-second New Adventures novel featuring the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Bernice Summerfield. It was author Daniel O’Mahony’s first novel, and his only contribution to the Virgin New Adventures range.
- Bernice loses two pints of blood when she’s attacked by vampire orchids.
- The metahedron caused several mutations of animals and plants in the jungles around it, including insects with(out) extra wings, legs, and heads, and the vampire blooms.
- Ace was born in North London in the 1970s.
- The Doctor has met Harry Truman and Oscar Wilde.
- The TARDIS exists outside of the real universe and so Gabriel and Tanith cannot enter it.
- The first humanoids evolved on a world 30 billion light-years from Earth.
- Ace recalls her encounter with Melanie Bush. (Dragonfire)
- Ace asks The Doctor in the end”We haven’t done good, have we?”, alluding to her question”We did good, didn’t we?” after defeating the Daleks in 1963. (Remembrance of the Daleks)
- C. Moore Wedderburn is the author of the Trail of the Black Orchid: A botanical and zoological guide to the journeys of George Cranleigh. (Black Orchid)
- Just as Fenric could pull Ingiger from an alternate Earth , Gabriel and Tanith pull Qxeleq and Jane Page from alternate Earths to Shadowfell. (The Curse of Fenric)