The Eye of the Giant
From the back cover (Sypnosis/cover thanks to Collectors Wiki
“I might have known it, The Doctor and Miss Shaw have managed to lose themselves on an island that doesn’t exist.”
1934: Salutua, a legendary lost island in the Pacific. Millionaire Marshal J Grover’s expedition arrives to uncover and exploit its secrets. But the task is complicated by a film star’s fears and ambitions and a scientist’s lethal obsession.
Nearly forty years later: UNIT headquarters, London. The Doctor and Liz Shaw are asked to identify a mysterious artifact and trace its origin. The trail leads them back in time to Salutua and a gigantic discovery. Meanwhile, the Brigadier faces and epidemic of UFO sightings and supernatural occurrences that threaten to bring about global panic. Only The Doctor can help him but he’s trapped on a mythical island four decades in the past.
Christopher Bulis has written three previous Doctor Who books, including the highly acclaimed The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- The Eye of the Giant was the twenty-first novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis. It featured the Third Doctor, Liz Shaw, the Brigadier, Mike Yates and John Benton. Set after the events of Inferno,
- Mike Yates sees inside the TARDIS for the first time.
- Benton had an aunt who read tea leaves.
- The Brigadier has been talking to Sir John Sudbury of C19.
- Mike Yates has been on clean-up duties for Autons (Spearhead From Space) and the “Cave Monsters”. (Doctor Who and the Silurians)
- There is a mention of The Doctor visiting a parallel universe. (Inferno)