Colin Baker (The Doctor), Anthony Stewart Head (Reeve Maupassant), Charles Kay (The Curator), James Lailey (Minister Pryce), Nicky Goldie (Inquisitor Danby), Patricia Leventon (Mother Superior), Rupert Laight (Solomon), Toby Walton (Thief), David Darlington (Whispering Voice)
A thousand years after his first visit to the planet Artaris, the Sixth Doctor returns. As the city of Excelis spreads her Empire throughout the globe, death follows a mysterious Relic through the halls of the Imperial Museum.
As The Doctor helps The Curator and the local authorities with this mystery, he finds himself crossing paths with a familiar face from Excelis’ history – but no-one lives for a thousand years, do they?
- Excelis Rising is the second part of the Excelis Saga.
- King Grayvorn has been officially declared a myth, though a few know the truth of his existence. It is said that he shall return at the time of Excelis’ greatest need.
- Solomon is named after Colin Baker’s character in BBV’s The Stranger series, Minister Pryce after actor Jonathon Pryce, Danby after ghost anthology or Mary Danby, and Maupassant after French writer Guy de Maupassant.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 November 2001.
- The Doctor previously visited Artaris in the 10th century during his fifth incarnation (Excelis) and would later do so again in 2301 during his seventh incarnation. (Excelis Decays)