“The flood is come! Oh God save us all, the day of judgement is come!”
Turkey, 2003: Bernice and Jason join two rival expeditions attempting to find Noah’s Ark. While one team follows the Bible and its own beliefs, the other relies on a more exact science – but both paths lead to the same revelation. And, as the region moves ever closer to war, they uncover the key to a timeless mystery and a terrible secret.
The Seventh Doctor and Chris are called in to a situation fast getting out of control, as countless numbers flee a biological terror. The world is about to undergo a new genesis. While Chris gets himself a job with NASA, The Doctor must unravel the ties between Mount Ararat, the moon, and an ancient exodus.
Mankind faces apocalypse. But can the aid of a far older race, alongside companions past and present, prevent the planet being twisted into the image of a long-dead world?
- Eternity Weeps is the fifty-eighth Virgin New Adventures novel. It features the Seventh Doctor, Chris Cwej, Bernice Summerfield, Jason Kane and Liz Shaw.
- The Doctor kills six hundredmillion humans to save the Earth.
- Chris can’t bring himself to (mercy) kill Liz Shaw.
- Liz Shaw dies from Agent Yellow. She dies cursing Chris for not euthanising her.
- Bernice and Jason get divorced following a series of events. They divorce on the moon.
- Imorkal is a Silurian.
- Liz’s death here is contradicted by the 2010 The Sarah Jane Adventures serial Death of the Doctor, where she is mentioned to be alive and well, and working in UNIT’s Moon Base.
- Agent Yellow is a Cthalctose terraforming virus which turns oxygen into sulphuric acid (including the oxygen in your body).
- Bernice gets infected with Agent Yellow, but is cured by The Doctor.