24 May 1984
The crew will be lucky to reach port safely-but with such a prize would They be lucky to win?
- Winner Takes All
- The Race
- Here She Blows!
- Marker Buoy
- One Down!
- The Officers
- Man Overboard!
- The Buccaneer
- The Grid Room
- Focus Point
- The Prize
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- In the chess game at the beginning, Turlough plays black; whereas he played as white in the episode.
- Upon reading a “First British Submarine Launched” headline in a newspaper, The Doctor concludes that the year is 1901.
- The power chamber on Wrack’s ship is floored with a grid, rather than simply having a hole in the centre of the floor.
- Wrack uses several different kinds of crystal in the book, not just red opals.
- The Eternals are expanded in greater detail.