Louise Jameson (Leela), David Warner (Co-ordinator Angell)
The present: Leela is doomed, trapped inside a prison cell of a dead race.
The past: After a disaster aboard the TARDIS, The Doctor and Leela arrive at the capital city of Synchronis, a world renowned for peace and civility. But an attack by a vicious creature leaves The Doctor in a coma, and Leela is persuaded to fight in the forthcoming Empathy Games, where she discovers that nothing on this world is as it seems.
- Empathy Games was the twelfth release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- The Z’nai on the prison planet are all long since dead.
- Leela has been kept alive by the machines designed to torture her for a significant period of time, possibly years. She claims that she aches for death.
- In the fire which destroys the secondary console room, the edge of The Doctor’s scarf are burned.
- Synchronis has no war, poverty, murder or hunger. It is known for its magnificent architecture.
- The Synchronians have blue skin and white hair.
- The Waters of Empathy is one of the 700 Wonders of the Universe.
- The Doctor tells Leela that he was once saw an entire planet destroyed by fire many years earlier. (Inferno)
- The secondary control room is completely destroyed. The Doctor tells Leela that there are plenty of other control rooms, prompting him to start using the original control again. (The Invisible Enemy)
- Leela refers to Xoanon. (The Face of Evil)
- Time Lords have the ability to place themselves in a coma voluntarily. (Spearhead From Space)
- Leela recalls hunting with Tomas on her home planet during their childhood. (The Face of Evil)