The Dying Light
The TARDIS materialises on a dying world circling a dying sun, where The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe are welcomed to Sanctuary – an entire monastery carved out of a mountain.
But little here is quite what it seems.
Quadrigger Stoyn has waited through the centuries. And it is time for The Doctor to pay for his first terrible mistake.
This is the second story in a Companion Chronicles trilogy celebrating the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
Written By: Nick Wallace
Directed By: LIsa Bowerman
- The Dying Light was the seventy-fourth release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- Stoyn tells Jamie that he and the Doctor are from the same species. However, The Doctor defied their laws and ran away from them.
- Stoyn longs to return home.
- Jamie mentions that he, The Doctor and Zoe witnessed a volcanic eruption on Dulkis. (The Dominators)
- It is suggested that the six squares used in Stoyn’s beacon are the components of a hypercube. After the beacon is disabled, The Doctor pockets the six squares. This leaves open the possibility that they are the same hypercube components used by The Doctor to contact the Time Lords. (The War Games)