Number of DVDs 2
DVD Number BBCDVD3044
Duration 150 minutes
It’s 20th Century Earth and a research team based in the Antarctic unwittingly digs up two mysterious pods which have lain buried in the snow for twenty thousand years.
Yet the identity of the pods is no mystery to the Doctor, they are Krynoid, a hostile, alien species of life. The Doctor’s fears are confirmed when one of the pods opens and attacks a scientist.
Unfortunately, the Doctor is not the only one interested in the seeds – an insane millionaire, Harrison Chase, is desperate to get his hands on a pod at any cost – even murder. But why?
As the remaining pod hurtles to England, splitting open to reveal a ferocious Krynoid carnivore, can the Doctor arrest its development? As its strength grows every moment, it threatens to turn Earth’s vegetation hostile too. Its germination could jeopardize the security of mankind itself…
This exciting adventure is presented over two discs and includes some fantastic specially created content including a making of with cast and crew and audio commentary from the main cast including Tom Baker and John Challis.
- Commentary by Tom Baker (The Doctor), John Challis (Scorby), Kenneth Gilbert (Richard Dunbar), Michael McStay (Derek Moberley), Philip Hinchcliffe (producer), Robert Banks Stewart (writer), Roger Murray-Leach (designer), Joggs Camfield.
- Isolated Score
- ‘PodShock’ (dur. 37′ 15″) – cast and crew look back At The making of the story. With actors John Challis, Kenneth Gilbert and Ian Fairbairn, producer Philip Hinchcliffe, writer Robert Banks Stewart, production assistant Graeme Harper, original designer Jeremy Bear, design assistant Jan Spoczynski, visual effects designer Richard Conway and composer Geoffrey Burgon.
- Now and Then (dur. 8′ 56″ ) – our long running series visits Athelhampton House, a quarry in Reigate and the BBC Television Centre to explore the locations used in ‘The Seeds of Doom’.
Archive footage from The Russell Harty Show featuring an interview with Peter Davison and Colin Baker.
- ‘Playing in the Green Cathedral’ (dur. 10′ 03″) – composer Geoffrey Burgon talks about his involvement in Doctor Who
- ‘So What Do You Do Exactly?‘ (dur. 14’ 23″) – ever wondered whAt The job of a Production Assistant or a Production Unit Manager entails? Graeme Harper explains…
- Stripped for Action – The Fourth Doctor (dur. 20′ 18″) – our series on the Doctor’s comic-strip adventures looks At The portrayal of the fourth Doctor in the pages of Doctor Who Magazine’s regular graphic stories. With former DWM editors Dez Skinn, Gary Russell and Alan Barnes, writer Pat Mills, artist Dave Gibbons and consultant Jeremy Bentham.
- Trail and Continuity (dur. 1′ 23″) – an off-air trail for the story’s first episode and continuity announcements for its fifth.
- Photo Gallery (dur. 4′ 46″) – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
- Coming soon
- Radio Times listings