Domain of the Voord
The Doctor, Susan, Ian and Barbara land on the planet Hydra, where Admiral Jonas Kaan leads a vast flotilla of ships trying to elude the vicious race that has invaded and occupied their world. But his ships are being picked off one by one, vessels and crews dragged underwater by an unseen foe.
The time travellers find themselves pitched into battle against the Voord, the ruthless enemy they last encountered on the planet Marinus. As they take the fight to the very heart of the territory now controlled by the Voord the stakes get higher. First they lose the TARDIS… then they lose that which they hold most dear. And that’s only the start of their troubles.
In the capital, Predora City, they will learn the truth of what it means to be a Voord. And that truth is horrifying.
Written By: Andrew Smith
Directed By: Ken Bentley
- Domain of the Voord was the first story of the first season of The Early Adventures.
- Amyra Kaan is in her late 20s or early 30s.
- The flotilla on Hydra reminds Barbara of photos of the Dunkirk evacuation in May and June 1940.
- The Hydrans are unfamiliar with Earth.
- Ian believes that the Doctor built the TARDIS.
- Nebrin’s father was a teacher.
- Voord commanders have telepathic abilities that can be used to commune with other Voord.
- The Doctor is able to heal by placing himself into a self-induced coma. (Spearhead from Space)
- Ian and Barbara hope to one day to be able to return to Earth in the 1960s. (The Chase)