BBC Worldwide has announced that Doctor Who: The Collection – Tom Baker Season 3 will be released on Blu-Ray in USA in August 2020
For fans of Doctor Who and collectors of Classic Who seasons, the Blu-Ray has limited edition packaging with artwork by Lee Binding and has been restored and up-scaled to HD by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. The new release also has a wealth of new bonus content.
Russell Minton, Executive Producer at BBC Worldwide says : “We are doing our very best at BBC Worldwide to restore and bring as many Classic Who titles out on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, and this starts with being able to confirm one of my favourites, Tom Baker’s first season. We will also endeavour to include additional archive material and exciting newly-shot features where possible.”
Season 14, Tom Baker’s third as The Doctor.
Doctor Who: Tom Baker Season 3 includes the following stories and extras, spread out over 8 discs:
- The Masque of Mandragora
- The Hand of Fear
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Face of Evil
- The Robots of Death
- The Talons of Weng-Chiang
The new Blu-Ray release includes existing bonus material from the original DVDs as well as the brand new features
– Immersive 5.1 surround sound – The Deadly Assassin
– Brand new audio commentaries – Tom Baker and Mat thew Sweet on selected episodes of the Face of Evil and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
– Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe, plus companions Sophie Aldred and Peter Purves.
– Our Sarah Jane – Elisabeth Sladen Tribute – A feature-length look at the life and career of Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen.
– Whose Doctor Who Revisited – Toby Hadoke meets the producers and grown-up stars of the very first Who Documentary.
– In Conversation – Mat thew Sweet chats to producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
– Blu-Ray trailer – Louise Jameson has trouble with her new home assistant.
– Brand new interviews
– Rare archive material
– Convention footage
– HD photo galleries
– Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files and other gems from our PDF archive