|Publication Date||19 February 1976|
The Doctor walked slowly forward into the cul-de-sac. The giant dinosaur turned its head to focus on the midget now approaching … The Doctor aimed his gun to fire … suddenly from behind came a great roar of anger. He spun round – blocking the exit from the narrow street towered aTyrannosaurus Rex, its savage jaws dripping with blood…
Has the return of these prehistoric creatures been deliberately planned and, if so, who can be behind it all?
- London Alert!
- ‘Shoot to Kill!’
- The Time Eddy
- The Timescoop
- Monster in Chains
- The Spaceship
- The Reminder Room
- Operation Golden Age
- The Final Countdown
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- The Whomobile does not appear at all;
- The Doctor instead uses a borrowed army motorbike, which was to have been his mode of transport in the original scripts for the televised version.
- The novelisation features a prologue about the dinosaurs and ends with
- The Doctor consulting the Book of Ezekiel to determine the final fate of the Golden Age time travellers.
- Butler is given the distinctive feature of a scar which he received as a result of falling through a plate glass roof whilst working as a fireman, rather than the untouched face he has the television story.