A Device Of Death
“As a member of an inferior race, you either work to serve the cause of Averon, or die.”
Sarah Jane is marooned on a slave world where the only escape is death. Harry is caught in the middle of an interplanetary invasion, and has to combine medicine with a desperate mission. And the Fourth Doctor lands on a world so secret it does not even have a name.
Why have the TARDIS crew been scattered across the stars? What terrible accident could have wiped the Doctor’s memory? And what could interest the Time Lords in this war-torn sector of space?
At the heart of a star-spanning conspiracy lies an ancient quest: people have been making weapons since the dawn of time — but perhaps someone has finally discovered the ultimate device of death.
- A Device of Death was the thirty-first novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis
- The Doctor gives his age as seven hundred and forty-eight.
- The Time Lords give the Doctor another TARDIS, one with a functioning chameleon circuit, but he gives it back.
- Sarah recalls Professor J.P. Kettlewell’s robot when she interacts with Max. (Robot)
- When recovering his memories, Sarah mentions UNIT and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. (The Time Warrior)
- Harry compares the ship’s medicines to those on the space station Nerva. (The Ark in Space)