Demon Quest 1 The Relics Of Time
Tom Baker reprises the role of the Fourth Doctor in the first of five thrilling brand-new adventures, with Susan Jameson as Mrs Wibbsey
The Doctor’s return to Nest Cottage lands him in trouble when a key component from the TARDIS disappears. Mrs Wibbsey is inadvertently responsible, but all she can offer in recompense is a bag containing four curious objects. It seems that each one is a clue, and the beginning of a chase through Time.
In ancient Sussex, they are apprehended by primitive tribesfolk, and mistaken for wizards. Can the revered goddess Wibbsentia get them out of hot water? Who is the fearful wizard in the neighbouring village, and why is the countryside littered with bodies? The Doctor and Mrs Wibbsey are about to discover that all is not right with history….
With Tom Baker as the Doctor, Susan Jameson as Mrs Wibbsey, Nigel Anthony as the Wizard, Rupert Holliday Evans and Kate Sachs as the Warriors, and Richard Franklin as Mike Yates, The Relics of Time is the first of five linked stories written by the acclaimed Paul Magrs.
- The Doctor says that he has never been to the 1st century during his fourth incarnation. This is incorrect as he visited Norfolk in 60 AD and met Boudica when he was travelling with Leela, which occurred before the events of this story (The Wrath of the Iceni).
- Rupert Holliday Evans (Male Warrior) previously played Colonel Alan Mace in The Sontaran Stratagem / The Poison Sky.
- The lost component of the TARDIS was the spatial geometer — a set of four intricately circuited tubes crucial for the TARDIS to move about in space.
- The Doctor returns to Nest Cottage. He previously visited there in the Hornets’ Nest series.
- The Doctor would later return to Roman-era Britain in his eleventh incarnation in the company of Amy Pond and River Song. (The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang)