“With one glance he will destroy your body and wither your soul.”
Second Lieutenant Lethbridge-Stewart gets more than he bargained for when he is assigned to map out Greek islands at the end of the Second World War. Even if he lives to tell the tale, will he remember it?
Years later, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and his colleagues at UNIT investigate a spate of unexplained deaths and murders. Meanwhile, the Third Doctor and Jo are caught up in strange events in the small English village of Hob’s Haven.
As preparations get underway for a massive pop concert, a sinister cult prepares for a day of reckoning — business as usual for UNIT. But can the Brigadier help prevent the end of the world? His friends and colleagues are not so sure, because this time, the Brigadier has fallen in love…
- Deadly Reunion was the sixty-third BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Third Doctor and Jo Grant.
- The Doctor recalls being put on trial by the Time Lords. (The War Games)
- The Doctor tells the Brigadier that “sleep is for tortoises.” (The Talons Of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor mentions that he took boxing lessons from John L. Sullivan. (Carnival of Monsters)
- The Doctor says that “in an authoritarian society, people obey the voice of authority.” (Timewyrm: Exodus, Blood Harvest and World Game)
- In Greek mythology, Zeus was the father of Apollo, Athena, Artemis, Castor and Pollux, Dionysius, Hebe, Heracles, Minos, Hermes and Persephone.