Peter Davison (
Ares One: N/ASA’s first manned mission to the dead planet Mars. But is Mars as dead as it seems?
While the NASA team investigate an ‘anomaly’ on the planet’s surface, The Doctor and Peri find themselves inside a strange alien building. What is its purpose? And what is frozen inside the blocks of ice that guard the doorways? If The Doctor has a sense of deja-vu, it’s because he’s about to meet some old adversaries, as well as some new ones…
- Red Dawn was the first audio by any production company to featurethe Fifth Doctor andPeri Brown.
- Peri compares Izdaal’s tomb to Nebraska.
- During his second incarnation, The Doctor encountered the Ice Warriors for the first time on the Brittanicus Base during an Ice Age in the company of Jamie McCrimmon and Victoria Waterfield. (The Ice Warriors)
- The British Mars missions mentioned are either from The Ambassadors of Death or The Dying Days. An unmanned mission, described as being the UK’s first (despite the earlier missions depicted), is featured in The Christmas Invasion.
- The Doctor and Peri would encounter the Ice Warriors again on Peladon in the 41st century (The Bride of Peladon) and, following the former’s regeneration into his sixth incarnation, on Magnus in the 24th century (Mission to Magnus).