Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Travis Oliver (Chris Cwej), Yasmin Bannerman (Roz Forrester), Michelle Collins (Winnie Tyler), Denise Black (Eva Jericho), Georgie Fuller (Bev Tyler), Tayler Marshall (Gabriel Tyler), Richard Hope (Harry Harvey), Daniel Brocklebank (David Daniels), Peter Barrett (The Capper), Robert Duncan (Mr Thomas), Damian Lynch (Scott Delaney)
The year is 1987 and there’s a deadly new narcotic on the streets of London. As part of their investigations The Doctor and his companions Chris and Roz move into the Quadrant, a rundown housing estate. An ancient alien menace has been unleashed, a menace somehow linked to a local gang leader known as The Capper, a charmed young boy called Gabriel and his mother Winnie, the enigmatic Frei Foundation, and Eva Jericho, a woman driven to the brink of madness.
As London descends into an apocalyptic nightmare, The Doctor must uncover the truth about the residents of the Quadrant and a desperate bargain made one dark Christmas Eve.
Written By:Russell T Davies, adapted by Jonathan Morris
Directed By: Ken Bentley
- Based on the original 1996 New Adventures novel by Doctor Who writer and executive producer Russell T Davies.
|Written By:||Russell T Davies, adapted by Jonathan Morris|
|Sound Design:||Howard Carter|
|Cover Art:||Tom Webster|
|Number of Discs:||2|
|Physical Retail ISBN:||978-1-78178-439-6|
|Recorded Dates:||28 and 29 July 2014|
|Recorded At:||The Moat Studios|
DEVIATIONS FROM THE ORIGINAL NOVEL
- The Quadrant is located in London, rather than in the north.
- The drug is named SMILE rather than cocaine.
- The opening scenes with The Doctor in New York are cut.
- Chris and David only kiss, whereas in the original novel They had sex.
- Mrs Hearn is excised from the story.
- The Capper jumps from the building rather than setting himself on fire.
- Mrs Jericho runs Thomas over rather than sticking cutlery in his chest.
- Dr. Greco works for the Torchwood Institute, rather than the Brotherhood.
- The N-Forms were activated by the Time War rather than the Brotherhood (this was an ongoing story arc in the New Adventures.)
- The Tyler family survive, whereas in the novel only Gabriel Tyler remains alive in a coma.