The Curse Of The Daleks
Michael Praed (Ladiver), Patric Kearns (Captain Redway), Beth Chalmers (Marion Clements), Nick Wilton (Rocket Smith), James George (Bob Slater), John Line (Professor Vanderlyn), Derek Carlyle (Harry Sline), Glynn Sweet (Dexion), Denise Hoey (Ijayna), Nicholas Briggs (Narrator/Daleks)
A special audio adaptation of the Doctor Who stage-play from the 1960s.The space ship Starfinder is taking two dangerous criminals for trial on Earth. En route, they crash through a meteor storm and have to make an emergency landing on Skaro – the planet of the dreaded Daleks. But Captain Redway and his faithful crew don’t anticipate any trouble. After all, the Daleks were defeated fifty years ago and now they are completely inactive. But when a crate full of mysterious devices is discovered and the Daleks start to come back to life, it becomes clear that there is a traitor amongst the Starfinder’s crew… A traitor intent on reactivating the power Of The Daleks!
- The Curse Of The Daleks was an audio adaptation of the stage play The Curse Of The Daleks, the first-ever Doctor Who-based stage play.
- The story features a poem modelled on “Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November”:Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London an ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating
- The story takes place fifty years after a war with the Daleks which the humans won.
- The Daleks are all thought dead. Skaro is known to humanity as the homeworld Of The Daleks and the Thals, the latter still living in the wilds but possessing technology; humanity used to send patrols to Skaro every five years. It is likely the war is The Dalek Invasion of Earth.
- The Dalek City is visited.