23 November 1988
Anton Diffring (De Flores), Fiona Walker (Lady Peinforte), Gerard Murphy (Richard), Leslie French (Mathematician), Metin Yenal (Karl), Martyn Read (Security Guard) , David Banks (Cyber Leader), Courtney Pine, Adrian Read, Ernest Mothle, Frank Tontoh (Jazz Quartet) , Mark Hardy (Cyber Lieutenant) [2-3], Chris Chering, Symond Lawes (Skinheads) , Brian Orrell (Cyberman) [2-3], Dolores Gray (Mrs Remington) .
|Written by||Kevin Clarke|
|Directed by||Chris Clough|
|Produced by||John Nathan Turner|
The arrival of a mysterious comet heralds impending danger from enemies both old and new. As Ace helps The Doctor defend Earth, she is confronted with a dangerous question…”Doctor Who?”
- 25th anniversary story for the show, Cybermen return
- Ace compares these events to those in Remembrance of the Daleks
- Exactly when The Doctor dealt with the Nemesis statue originally is unclear. Since Lady Peinforte recognises him at once, it appears most likely that he dealt with it in his current incarnation while still travelling with Mel. However, it’s unlikely that is the case, given that in an alternate timeline in The Quantum Archangel, where the Third Doctor never escaped his exile, the Third Doctor mentions a situation that seems to be that timeline’s version of these events. Therefore, since Peinforte says she’ll be revenged on that ‘annoying little man’, it seems more likely that she previously encountered the Second Doctor, likely during Season 6B.
- Validium is mentioned again in Interference: Book Two, when the Remote attempt to awaken a validium-based weapon called the Cold.
- The chess set in Lady Peinforte’s study shall have greater significance then it appears to have in The Curse of Fenric. Order Silver Nemesis BBC DVD Page