The Forbidden Time
Time Walkers have descended upon the Earth. This alien race, known as The Vist, has claimed an area of time for itself – any species entering into the immediate future will pay the most terrible forfeit.
The human race is in a state of panic, but one woman knows the truth. Her name is Polly Wright, and she visited that future many years ago, with The Doctor, Jamie and Ben.
She has stepped into the Forbidden Time – and this is her story…
- The Forbidden Time was the forty-first release in the Companion Chronicles audio range.
- Polly claims that she and Ben thought of Jamie as being like their “baby brother” during their travels together.
- The Doctor lies about his people being the first to evolve.
- Sideways in time, there are “shadow Earths” where houses and streets are easily constructed but there are no humans or animals, with the “shadow” being cast by the intelligent life of the real Earth. While the wall “blocks the light,” Polly wonders what the shadow is being cast on.
- The Vist can move through time like creatures move through space. The Doctor tricks them into travelling so far back in time that they become forever trapped in a time before time exists.
- Time and space are connected because they came into existence at the same time. Time, like space, has a geography.
- The Doctor told Ben and Polly about the Dalek invasion of Earth in 2164. (The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- The dictation machine was created by Professor Brett. (The War Machines)