Peri and the Piscon Paradox
The Doctor and Peri journey to Los Angeles 2009 to do battle with a Piscon. His name is Zarl, and he’s a fish of utmost evil.
Zarl is going to steal all the water of Earth and sell it to the highest bidder. Or blow up the San Andreas fault. Or the planet. Or something like that. He’s a bit vague on that point.
Fortunately, to stop him there’s help from an unexpected source: a future version of Peri. She knows Zarl’s dark secret.
But should the future Peri be on Earth at all? Something smells fishy – and it’s not just Zarl.
- Peri and the Piscon Paradox was the seventh release of the fifth series of the Companion Chronicles
- Peri’s parents, Janine and Paul Brown, were married on 21 November 1962.
- the Fifth Doctor refers to the Pescatons, who he claims are more violent than the Piscons.
- the Sixth Doctor refers to Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot being returned to their native eras by the Time Lords with no memory of their adventures with his second incarnation, aside from their respective first encounters with him. (The War Games)
- The older Peri remembers her first encounter with The Doctor involving a “robot with an identity crisis”, “some religious types” and a “crazy guy with a beard”. (Planet Of Fire)
- the Sixth Doctor remembers his previous incarnation and the younger Peri encountering the older version of Peri defeating Zarl in Los Angeles in 2009. This is similar to Cold Fusion in which the Seventh Doctor remembers the events of the novel from the perspective of the Fifth Doctor and uses this knowledge against his younger self.