The TARDIS materialises in England in the year 1912, a time of great social change. The Suffragette movement is lobbying for votes for women, and the skull of the so-called ‘missing link’ has been discovered in Piltdown.
While Vicki falls victim to a strange influence, The Doctor and Steven investigate the fossilized remains. The Suffering has been unleashed. Can the travellers survive its rage?
- The Suffering was a February 2010 entry in The Companion Chronicles series by Big Finish Productions.
- Vicki describes Steven as a”handsome space pilot”, herself as a”plucky orphan” and a”sensible girl” and The Doctor as a”mysterious, white haired old man.”
- Vicki mentions her skill at cutting hair. (Galaxy 4)
- Steven studied basic anatomy as part of his training.
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 and 6 October 2009.
- Steven tells The Doctor that he has not eaten since 1066. (The Time Meddler)
- Steven refers to his two years as a prisoner of the Mechonoids on their native planet Mechanus and his first encounter with The Doctor. (The Chase)