Anneke Wills (Polly), John Sackville (The Pilot)
February, 1944: France is occupied by the Third Reich, the French Gestapo has an iron grip and the native resistance attempts to overthrow the invaders. On one quiet winter’s night, a British plane crashes to the ground, leaving a flying officer desperate to escape via the evasedition lines.
Separated from the TARDIS, Ben and Jamie, The Doctor and Polly find themselves with enemies on all sides. Trapped in one of the darkest times in history, Polly discovers that humanity can be just as dangerous as any threat from outer space. She resolves to make a difference – even if it means leaving The Doctor forever
- Resistance was a 2009 Big Finish audio play in the Companion Chronicles range
- Polly tells The Doctor that she would rather fight the Daleks and the Cybermen than confront the evils on her own planet – in particular, the Nazis and their allies.
- Polly mentions that, as a young adult, she had taken her parents for granted while she was away from home enjoying herself but they were always there for her when she needed them.
- This story introduces Polly’s uncle, Randolph Wright and gives more details about Polly’s family than any other story.
- Chronologically, this is the earliest audio drama to feature the Second Doctor.
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 May 2008.
- Polly mentions the Cybermen, whom she encountered in the Snowcap in Antarctica in December 1986, shortly before the First Doctor’s regeneration. (The Tenth Planet)