The Doll of Death
Katy Manning (Jo Grant), Jane Goddard (Mrs Killebrew)
A new adventure with the Third Doctor as told by his companion, Jo Grant.
“Retrocausation! Events before their cause. Time in reverse.”
While investigating a temporal anomaly in Central London, the Doctor and Jo Grant meet Professor Harold Saunders, a man who possesses an unstable alien artefact, and who is seemingly haunted by the ghosts of dolls.
Who is the mysterious Mrs Killebrew? Why is a pack of hounds hunting them in reverse? And can Jo pick up any bargains while backwards shopping on Oxford Street?
- The Doll of Death was the eleventh release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- Jo is concerned about her husband Clifford Jones’ blood pressure.
- Jo is staying in a London hotel as she is attending a climate conference.
- Cliff has gained a professorship and has been given an MBE.
- According to Jo, alien invasions always seemed to occur on Fridays.
- Mike Yates refers to Jo as “Jemima Bond, Licence to Spill.”
- Jo was 18 years old when she began working for UNIT.
- Jo describes the Doctor as a “whirlwind in a frilly shirt.”
- In the National Museum, the Doctor indicates an Egyptian mummy to Jo, claiming that he knew the person in question in life.
- This was the first time that Katy Manning had reprised her role as Jo Grant since her departure in The Green Death in 1973.
- This is the first appearance of the Doctor’s car Bessie in an audio drama.
- This audio drama was recorded on 23 May 2008.
- Jo refers to being hypnotised by the Master. (Terror of the Autons)