Claws of Panda
Katy Manning (Iris Wildthyme), David Benson (Panda), Conrad Westmaas (ST58),Sarah Douglas (Mary), Peter Sowerbutts (Santa Claus), Scott Handcock (Alfredo)
It’s going to be a blue Christmas for Iris Wildthyme. Her best friend, Panda, is lost in time and space and the only festive cheer she can find is at the bottom of a glass. If that wasn’t enough, this year’s number one toy is trying to kill her!
From a futuristic planet-sized shopping mall to the frozen wastes of the North Pole, the search for Panda leads Iris to a fiendish plot that threatens to ruin Christmas for the entire multiverse. With only a jobsworth security droid to help, Iris turns to the one man who can save the season of goodwill – Saint Nick himself. There’s just one snag; Santa Claus is a broken man…
With psychotic elves, exploding shoplifters and more tinsel than you can shake a bottle of Babycham at, this is going to be the mother of all Christmases – and you’re all invited!
Written By: Cavan Scott and Mark Wright
Directed By: Gary Russell
- The Claws of Santa was the seventh release in the Iris Wildthyme audio series.
- The Third Doctor used the (same) Venusian lullaby to subdue Aggedor. (The Curse of Peladon, The The Monster of Peladon)
- Iris looked in the Land of Fiction for Panda. (The Mind Robber)
- Iris attempts to use a Venusian lullaby to subdue the toy Pandas.
- Taking off with the doors to her TARDIS slightly ajar, Iris worries about the “time winds ripping us to shreds”.
- Iris carries a Sonic Corkscrew.
- Polycarbide is mentioned.
- When Iris met Napoléon Bonaparte, she found him to be “anything but small.”
- Iris and Panda once visited the Ice Caves of Shabadabadon.