City of Death DVD
Number of DVDs 2
DVD Number BBCDVD1664
Duration 99 minutes
The Doctor and Romana are enjoying a well-earned break in Paris, relaxing in the gentle delights of the art galleries, the waterfront cafes, the Eiffel Tower… and the unexpected jumps in time that no one else seems to notice…
Rare treasures and once-lost masterpieces are suddenly in auction houses all over the world, the only link to them all being the mysterious Count Scarlioni. But what project is he secretly financing in the basement of his Paris chateau?
The time-travellers meet up with Duggan, a private detective investigating the activities of the Count and his accomplices. Can Scarlioni be planning the most audacious and daring of all art thefts? Or are his ambitions much grander? Big enough to threaten the existence of the entire human race…?
Originally transmitted 29/09/79 – 20/10/79
- Commentary by Julian Glover, Tom Chadbon and director Michael Hayes
- ‘Paris, W12’ – behind the scenes featurette
- Studio featurette – recently discovered behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the story
- ‘Prehistoric Landscapes’ – montage of unused landscape and spacecraft model shots from the story
- ‘Chicken Wrangler’ – comedic montage of the trials and tribulations of trying to film the chicken sequence
- ‘Eye on Blatchford’ – spoof investigative documentary from the team who bought us
- ‘Oh Mummy!’ We enter the life of one of Blatchford’s more unusual residents – Sardoth, the second-to-last of the Jagaroth!
- Photo Gallery – rare and previously unseen photos and production designs
- 1980 Doctor Who Annual – PDF format version of the complete annual for PC/Mac