The Gallifrey Chronicles
The Doctor’s home planet of Gallifrey has been destroyed. The Time Lords are dead, their TARDISes annihilated. The man responsible has been tracked down and lured to Earth in the year 2005, where there will be no escape. But Earth has other problems – a mysterious signal is being received, a second moon appears in the sky, and a primordial alien menace waits to be unleashed…
The stage is set for the ultimate confrontation – for justice to be done. The Doctor and his companions Fitz and Trix will meet their destiny. And this time, The Doctor isn’t going to be able to save everyone.
- The Gallifrey Chronicles was published in 2 June 2005. It was the final novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures line of books, which had started in 1997. It was written by Lance Parkin. It featured The Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Trix MacMillan.
- The TARDIS materialises in a graveyard containing Samantha Lynn Jones’s gravestone in 2002
- K9 is revealed to be the scratching thing behind the TARDIS walls.
- The four surviving Time Lords are shown: a man with a black beard and a rosette, a young woman with blonde hair, a tall man with a bent nose, holding a pair of dice and the Doctor with short hair, holding a baby girl in his arms.
- The Doctorrefers to the events of the novel The West End Horror by Nicholas Meyer, which describes an investigation by Sherlock Holmes and George Bernard Shaw. The Doctor claims to have also looked into the same events..