The Children of Seth
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan Jovanka), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Honor Blackman (Anahita), Adrian Lukis (Byzan), David Warner (Siris), Vernon Dobtcheff (Shamur), Matt Addis (Albis), Emerald O’Hanrahan (Mira), John Banks(Radulf Varidi)
During one of Nyssa’s experiments, the TARDIS’s temporal scanner picks up a message: ‘Idra’. Just one word, but enough to draw the Doctor to the Archipelago of Sirius.
There, the Autarch is about to announce a new crusade. A mighty war against Seth, Prince of the Dark…
But who is Seth? What is the secret of Queen Anahita, Mistress of the Poisons? And what terror awaits on Level 14?
Written By: Christopher Bailey and Marc Platt
Directed By: Ken Bentley
- The Children of Seth was a Big Finish Doctor Who audio story. It was released in 2011. It featured the Fifth Doctor, Tegan Jovanka and Nyssa.
- Honor Blackman (Queen Anahita) previously played Professor Lasky in Terror Of The Vervoids.
- This audio drama was recorded on 10 and 11 January 2011. However it was originally submitted to the production office in the 1980s, the script for this story had several working titles including Manpower and May Time.
- Tegan describes herself as “a fully paid up Aussie republican” and “downright Bolshie.”
- The Doctor previously visited Sirius during one of his first four incarnations. On that occasion, he met Queen Anahita, who was then a student activist using her real name Idra. This encounter occurred forty-three years earlier in Anahita’s personal timeline.
- Per the Doctor’s instructions, Shamur uses the fast return switch to return the TARDIS to Sirius. It is clearly labelled on the TARDIS console in pencil.